Heading out to the hospital to have your baby comes with a lot of emotions like, excitement, fear, happiness, and unfortunately stress. Stress is not something new mothers want to feel, and the best way to cut down on the stress is by being prepared for the big day well in advance. At University Park Obstetrics and Gynecology, we are dedicated to helping you to have a safe, healthy, and happy experience. This is why our Sarasota Obstetrics Clinic has come up with the ultimate hospital bag checklist:
- A couple of maternity bras.
- A comfortable robe that you don’t mind ruining.
- Warm socks that are non-skid.
- Your camera/video camera (bring an extra memory card and batteries).
- Your phone and charger. If the hospital doesn’t allows phones, make sure to bring a calling card and the numbers of people you want to call after you give birth.
- Ponytail holder or a headband.
- Snacks or change for the vending machines. If you have your baby late at night, the cafeteria may be closed, and you will probably need a snack.
- Chapstick and lotion, as hospitals tend to be dry.
- Toiletries that you need to be comfortable, like your toothbrush, shampoo, conditioner, etc.
- Insurance forms, birth plan, and any hospital forms you have.
- Comfortable clothes for the ride home.
- Things to keep you entertained, like magazines, your tablet, and your MP3 player.
All of the above items are must-haves for new mommies everywhere. Keep in mind that your partner will need to bring an overnight bag, and you will need clothes, a car seat, and warm blankets for your new baby as well.