If you have read our last blog, then you already know how to find the right OBGYN for your needs. Now that you have found the right doctor, it is time for you to schedule your appointment. Unfortunately, visiting your Sarasota obstetrics clinic can be pretty uncomfortable, but luckily there are a few things that you can do to make the experience a better one:
- Let the doctor know how you are feeling- Going to the gynecologist, especially if you are going for the first time, can be embarrassing. If you feel this way, you should note that it is completely normal, and there is absolutely nothing to be ashamed about. If you express your feelings to your doctor, they can make it as quick and painless as possible.
- Know what to expect- Ask the doctor to explain what they will do next beforehand, that way you won’t have to deal with any unpleasant surprises.
- Get comfortable- There is no shame in asking for a few additional things to make your exam more comfortable. Simple things, like stirrup covers or a pillow, can go a long way to making the experience much less unpleasant.
- Try to relax- There are several muscles in your pelvic area, and the more relaxed and loose that you are, the easier it will be for your doctor to examine you. So take a few deep breaths, and keep in mind that it will be over soon!
- Ask your doctor to explain- The process can be much more pleasant if you understand what your doctor is doing and why they are doing it. You also may learn something about your body that you didn’t know before!